Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Missed It

Back in September of 2010 I took the road trip of my life!  Many more are to come but this one was a cleansing, a purge, a reset, whatever I call it, it was wonderful.  From Utah to Massachusetts; I-70  was my choice of interstate until Ohio where I drove North to I-80 dropping safely into Massachusetts. 

I know there are so many places to go, so many attractions to see, and so much history to learn, but being just me and my geriatric dog I didn't do much stopping other than peeing, eating, sleeping, and stretching.   If I had the chance to do it all over again whether just me, with dog in tow, or with others, I wouldn't hesitate. But I would do things different next time around; for instance I would travel lighter, I really didn't need all that shit each day and night, I would travel in a larger vehicle, my Honda Civic is so good to me but it will be nice to be able to step into a vehicle and have the necessary leg room, I would travel to so many attractions throughout the nation. 

Attractions that make one say, "Wow!", or "Marvelous.", with adjectives of' "Mind-Bottling...(okay for those of you who are not big on Blades of Glory)...Mind-Boggling!", and those attractions that make one say, "Why?" I am sure you already have a few attractions in your mind that you have seen or is on your list to see.  A couple for me will be the worlds largest catchup bottle in Collinsville Il, and to hunt bigfoot with a redneck in Natural Bridge, VA.   Makes me a little sad that I was a few miles away from the largest bottle of catchup; oh well, next time.

Anyone up to hunt for bigfoot with a redneck?




No comments:

Post a Comment