Friday, March 23, 2012

Work-Life Balance

I just got out of an inspiring luncheon where a business woman, wife and mother spoke of her success in each field.  To hear of her tragedy and trials in her family, the time she takes for her kids and her husband and how she continues to succeed within her company was touching.  The best part of her speech and how she answered our questions have shown me that she continues to search for answers and better ways to accomplish her daily and life goals; she works from home so I asked how she found her attention again toward work after small or huge interruptions, i.e. taking the dog outside, getting food prepared, eaten and cleaned up, when her husband and kids came home.  She answered with, "I don't know.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get focused again. I don't have this mastered."  And this is when I truly found respect for her because too often I have heard from successful women, "I have work and life all figured out!"  Bull shit if they do. 

From this luncheon, I think I am going to make myself a "Work/Life Balance" spreadsheet that I can post on a wall so I can visually see everyday where I need to focus more attention to.  I want balance, at least a lot more than I have today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment