Sunday, October 21, 2012

Embrace

Embrace yourself.  Embrace what you are dealing with.  What does embrace mean to you?  I had it all wrong before today.  Today I realized that embracing something, whether it be yourself, your career, your hobbies, it is about having faith...in yourself.  My faith in myself hasn't been the highest lately, therefore, some of my goals and passions have been shadowed by obstacles and fears.  I do think expressing myself after truly listening to the vulnerability talk has helped this notion into my thinking process, and I am okay to put blame on it.

A few more things I feel vulnerable about: my school work and study habits, my relationship, my passions, my goals, my family, my writing style, my imperfections.  For example; yesterday, while spending the day prepping for a new color on the walls in the bathroom, wearing pants that are a bit too snug on me and shirt I no longer find attractive, to finally pouring the paint into a recyclable tray, rolling the yellow round brush into the glob of blue paint and then having enormous amounts of fun making the change of yuck yellow to vibrant blue, my mind was bouncing around from my insecurities to the shape I have allowed my body to be and not okay with this one bit, to the shape of my mind, to what I have to do tomorrow, next week, next hour, to what I want to do but then my have to's sneak back in from behind and say "no way, you can't enjoy yourself with what you want to do until you have completed me".  I am sure, okay I hope, that most of us get on such a merry-go-round from time to time, but what I want to figure is how to embrace these running thoughts, these insecurities, these vulnerabilities before they get to big.

While practicing yoga this morning while random thoughts and feeling come and go it hit me, embracing me or  a project or an obstacle is having faith.  The faith that I alone am the only one who can act on these issues and projects.  The faith that whatever the outcome it was me who made it happen.  Embracing me is having faith in me.  Embracing my life is having the faith in me that I will make my life how I see it in my mind.

Here is to today and a new venture of making all that I want to happen, happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment