Friday, January 25, 2013

Mac & Cheese

My first attempt at making homemade mac and cheese was a few hours ago.  The results were good; yet, my taste buds were ready for something creamer.  Don't get me wrong, it was easy to eat and I am excited to have more of it tomorrow.  My next adventure with this dish will be with more butter and possible more milk, and some other cheeses thrown in there too, like Gruyere or perhaps Swiss...I wonder how goats cheese would work in here. 

The recipe I followed was one by Rachael Ray and she just had one cheese listed, shard cheddar, so I went with one cheese (she did call for white, I used yellow...a bit rebellious).  Oh man, I should have taken a picture to add here, if you are lucky I will take one tomorrow of the leftovers.

Any other suggestions you have to make my next sauce more incredible  please feel free to comment.

I am no longer afraid of the kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment