Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tonight's Experiment

Craving the delicious salmon salad I had from La Jolla Groves in Provo, UT on Tuesday I decided to create my own tonight.  My compliments to the Chef at this restaurant, the glaze prepared for this dish is unlike any I have had, buttery, fruit tangy, and a few other tastes all mixed into one. 

For my dinner tonight I sauteed two garlic cloves in olive oil for a few minutes then added Hawaiian sea salt and fresh pepper, a drizzle of honey and juice of 1/2 fresh orange, let this sit for a couple minutes.  Then placed the salmon on the pan and added the rest of the other 1/2 of fresh orange juice on top, covered the pan and let cook about 5 minutes.  I then poured white wine into this mix and simmered covered for another 15 minutes. 

Topped my salad with this tasty treat with added chopped apple and fresh lemon juice for the dressing.  I prepared to keep half of this 5oz salmon for lunch tomorrow but it was too damn good I ate it all. 

I will trying this one again for sure...maybe even as soon as tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment