Friday, May 10, 2013

Yes Sir, May I Have Another!

I am becoming quite the experimental cook!  Last night I made another tasty chicken dish.  Where did I step out from?  I am confident in creating, in viewing a recipe and contouring it to taste and of course whatever is hanging out in the fridge. 

Here are the steps I took:
Sauteed red onions with a few cloves of garlic in a generous dousing of olive oil over medium heat.  Laying the sea salted chicken breasts on top for a few minutes each side.  A few ounces of white wine poured into the pan and simmered on low for about 15-20 minutes.  About five minutes left of cooking time I added a mix of Dijon mustard mixed with sour cream.  This thickened the sauce a bit and created a more flavorful bite to the chicken. 

Each day should bring about a learning lesson, right?  That night I learned that if you cook in a sauce, serve the sauce on the plate as well.  Some of you right now are mumbling, "Of course, jeez."  But I am sure there are a couple of you saying, "What a great idea!" And here I pass my learning experience on to you. 

For reasons unknown to me, I did not take any photos of this creation.  I guess that means I have to make it again soon to take a photo to post on this entry.  Twist my arm. 

What next will I try?  If you have any ideas for me, please share.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment