Monday, November 22, 2010

Nice Lady and Phone Calls

Earlier today I pull into a local grocery store parking lot when I receive a long awaited phone call, of course I answer my phone, start my conversation as I am parking my car; not wanting to go inside the store while on the phone and definitely not wanting to hang up, I loiter around while Rose does her business on the nearby lawn.  Rose begins to venture off (she does this when I am occupied), and she finds a nice lady parked by us with her hatch open at the back of her car, Rose of course makes herself known by trying her hardest to smell inside each bag her nose can reach into.  Good thing this lady loves dogs (she said this to me, that's how I know), otherwise the situation could have been bad. 

It is now I feel a bit guilty for not talking to this lady even a little bit, but if she only knew how long I have waited for this phone call, she may have understood...maybe.  In the meantime, she let Rose lick her face, she kissed Rose's forehead, she even got into her car, open a water bottle and let Rose drink it from her hand; hello!  Could she not see I was on my phone and very occupied?  At the same time as keeping a watch on my baby so she is safe. 

Hopefully this nice lady forgives me for not ending my day filled, long awaited, smile wearing phone conversation to converse with her; I have completely forgiven her ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment