Saturday, November 13, 2010

What I miss about Utah

These are the things I miss about Utah (notice I did not mention people, I don't want to bawl my eyes off my face for this post), in no particular order:


  *the majestic mountains;  not only their sheer beauty and grace, but the sense of direction they have given me day after day.
  *the phrases: "Oh my heck!"  and "Oh my gosh!"
  * Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill...ummmm the scrumptious fish tacos, their tangy sauce dripping down my arms racing to my elbows, escaping the napkins!
  *Dunkin Donuts on every corner instead of LDS church houses...wait, isn't that the other way around...I don't miss that - where am I? Who is typing this? 
 * Those nifty few inches on the sides of roads where you can pull over and idle or park (some call them shoulders, I now call them nifty)!  Driving along the beautiful country roads (which are everywhere) and I see the perfect picture to take, but there is no where to pull over and park the car to take this photo; or when I am lost or a bit turned around, I have to keep driving because I can't just pull over and get oriented again.
  *Beans n Brews coffee house; small, simple, friendly, and delightful.

  *Mimi's Cafe and thier delicious homemade muffins and red potato delight!
  *Waking up to snow topped Mt. Timpanogos (I know its there sitting on top already)
  *KUTV Channel 2 Morning news crew

Just a few I think about from time to time.



No comments:

Post a Comment