Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's That Around Your Dog's Collar?

Sunday's sun thawing the frozen ground brings an over whelming feeling of Spring and happiness inside me.  I don a skort and a short sleeve shirt baring my extreme white legs and arms in hopes the sun finds them and doesn't shy away from them to give me a kiss of color.  My sister Wendy and I load up our dogs into my car and go to a nearby park.  The park we choose has a walk way surrounding a large pond filled with beautiful ducks coupled together and magnificent swans busy cleaning themselves; with a gaggle of these feathered beauties, it means the pathways and lawns are littered with poop, therefore a game forms, step around and jump over these piles while running into each other and tripping over our pooches, all the while trying to keep our shoes free of the puke green poo.  We both won the game thankfully!

It so happens that I left Rose's leash at a cute boy's house, but I didn't think she would need one since she is older and doesn't travel as fast, and being a Sunday in Utah County (religious folks who do not like to have much fun on Sunday's) I didn't think there would be many people at the park; I was wrong!  Rose was traveling faster than I could keep up with and there were enough people there for her to run up to excitingly and hope for attention or food.  maMy quick thinking mind responded by grabbing a plastic grocery bag I held along with a couple other poo bags, and thread it through her collar for a make shift leash.  You can vividly imgaine the looks I was getting.  In fact, a young girl eyeballing the two dogs and smiling at them asked me what kind of dog mine is, I tell her a "Labrador" and then she asks what is around her neck, her older matter-of-factually telling her, "its a poo bag!"  The kids no dummy! 


So in a short, I was proud to be white trash for a couple rounds around the gorgeous park with my white trash dog!  Poor Wendy and Cocoa were quite embarrassed though, it took a lot of convincing on my part for Cocoa to get in this above picture with Rose. 



No comments:

Post a Comment