Friday, July 13, 2012

Clerical Error

The weeks, days, hours, and agony of researching who wanted my identity led to the resolution that the medical center made a "clerical error".  Really?  How can you mix my social security number and my previous name with a child with the same name?  A child.  The parents must have filled out a patient record for their child before the two doctors saw her on two different dates; so how did the medical center mix one social with the other?  

However it happened is no longer an issue, and better not be an issue in the future; the medical center contacted me, apologized and begged for me to sign a non-disclosure form since my investigation has drawn up so much information; I agreed  because it seems no one has stolen my identity or my social security number.

Remaining in contact with the detective...sounds cool, right?  Detective.  Anyway, talking with her every couple days eased my anxiety quite a bit because she truly seemed she cared about my identity being stolen; when we both confirmed closing my case was the only thing to do, she sounded a little sad...quite a bit sad.

Now I wait again, wait for the credit bureau to receive the documents stating it was a clerical error, wait for them to take this collection off my credit report, and wait for my credit score to rise (significantly).  This could take up to 90 days!  Yikes, I just want my name and reputation to be back to where it was, where it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment