Sunday, July 1, 2012

Something I have not ordered in YEARS!

Many of you will never believe what I did last night!  I had my first steak in about seven years.  Yes, a juicy, medium temperature filet mignon.  Oh my was it delicious.  Last week I went on a cleanse diet, eating nothing but vegetables and little fruit.  By Thursday I was hungry and pissed, I needed food, not just food but protein.  Yet, cheese was not sounding good, black beans didn't sound too bad, but what I really was craving was a steak!

Greg came back from being in Seattle all week on Friday and I tell him this, that I am ready to eat red meat.  He says, "Great, we will go to a steakhouse tomorrow...but you have to order a steak."  No hesitation, I say, "Okay, I will!"

Saturday night came and we went to a nearby steakhouse and I did it, I ordered a filet mignon.  I was unsure if I liked my steaks medium rare or medium in the past; I ordered it medium and was not disappointed.  A juicy steak, merlot and the best thing that has walked into my life, Greg!  A wonderful night.    

Can I still call myself a vegetarian?  I do not eat chicken and of course never a dirty pig or a cute lamb or...

No comments:

Post a Comment