Monday, July 23, 2012

Sixteen Days and Counting


Through my years, at least through my adult years, I have been lucky to have a fit having a healthy body, inside and out with my daily activities.  That is until I returned to school.  The first year was havoc on my body and mind, then I found yoga!  The year following remained the same, then the yoga bug got inside me, I chained it to a wall so it wouldn't go anywhere and adored it daily.  I woke each day with full intention to practice!   Then...sadly I lost so much; all the changes I was going through, all the emotional grief and moving there and here.  Now as I am approaching 40 years of age, I look in the mirror and I am not the person I once was.  
One day, glancing in the mirror I said to myself, "This is not my body."  Then again a few days later I find another mirror and stare at the person looking back, and say, "This is not me."  Finally on the third glance another day, more of a stare, I knew it was me but definitely not who I think I should be.  You know, a smart, fit, energized woman.  
Then it truly hit me, my god, I am going to turn 40 looking like this!  Hell no!  I am taking back my energy, taking back my fit self and conquering the world.  Running, walking and trying to focus on yoga!  Yes, trying...my mind jumps from one thought to one memory to another thought to another...yada yada yada.   Crazy to think of where my mind is today and where it was years ago; I know I will be there again.  Sure I am not giving myself enough time to see the changes in sixteen more days, but my body and mind are already feeling it and loving it!  
To health and love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment