Monday, June 13, 2011

Friends of the Past and New Challenges Today

Oh my, so much has happened over the past couple weeks... One, I found a junior high friend after all these years (of course I am not going to tell you how many years, then you could easily add up my age :D).  She and I meet for a long lunch; although, I wish it did not end so quickly.  She came back into my life when I need her!  She is more beautiful today, she is stronger than one could imagine from her grand trials through childhood, she knows where her heart and soul are and is excited to grown them greater!  She has given me many valuable ways to look at my life and my situations.  Thank you Jennifer!   I am sad you will be leaving this area soon, but now that we have each other again, its only distance separating us.

Second, I have not only rappelled down a couple different rocks in Big Cottonwood but I have recently returned from a weekend trip down South canyoneering through a couple different canyons.   I can't begin to tell you the amazing challenges these canyons throw at you, but then comes the amazing effect of overcoming them and gearing up for the next challenge.  I am in love with this new me, challenging me as much as I can...getting out of my comfort zone!  The second canyoneering class starts this week and then the next weekend I am out again; learning more challenging stuff to do while on rappel. 

Once dropping into these canyons, the canyon walls can grow tight.  There was a time, short time, where no natural light was getting into a short distance; therefore, hands on one rock wall pushing away from it while inch stepping, right foot in lead the entire time, and dragging my backpack behind.  Wow, amazing!  Through some of the canyons I was able to walk normal, there were times where I had to perform downward dog with feet on one wall, hands on the other so as to not fall into the pothole full of stagnate water.  Could have sat (butt down, back on one wall while feet on the other) but felt more comfortable performing a bit of yoga :D

What challenging class can I take next?  Who will enter my life...or rather, who's life will I enter?  I love life!!!

Peace



 

No comments:

Post a Comment