Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Most Powerful Woman In My Life


Last Thursday night during a Mary Kay make-up sales pitch, (I know, I know, me at a make-up party?  Sounds completely opposite of me but I was volunteering my time for another in the business), one of the make-up ladies ask us to close our eyes; deciding to play into her game I did close my eyes, leaving my “whateve” grin on my face, she then said, “Now, I want you to think of a woman who inspires you, who you look up too.”  She gave us about 30 seconds, I didn’t need 30 seconds as the woman who entered into my mind came instantaneously, and just as quickly, my smirk of a grin was wiped off my face and replaced with a grand, prideful smile.  

Who is this woman I saw?  I saw a woman with strength, with dignity, with passion, with love.  I saw many of her trials, many of her tribulations, many of her accomplishments, many of her dreams, and many of her passions.  Seeing this woman was better than looking around a room, better than looking in a magazine, better than hearing her voice, because I saw her soul. 

It was then that the make-up lady asked us to now open our eyes where she proceeded to ask us what it was we saw in these woman that we have envisioned; was it was her shoes, was it her clothes, was it her jewelry, or was it her face?  I then knew she was hoping I would see some other woman than myself who inspires me.  But this empowered me more, knowing that I can see this amazing woman and look up to her, only to know it is my soul and my passions that I hold onto so dearly.  

The world is full of great, passionate woman (and men), but I hope each one of us can look to ourselves for guidance, for love, for peace, for dreams because no one else can give this to us.

Here’s to peace and self-love!  



1 comment:

  1. Hear hear!! Love it! Hope everything is going well with school!

    ReplyDelete