Tuesday, December 4, 2012

...Finals Are Upon Me; Therefore...

It is about this time during a semester when I start to get the "what am I doing with my life" itch; three maybe four months of intense studying and attendance, feeling the heavy haul about to be lifted for a couple weeks and my mind races with questions and certainty to uncertainty.  Is this because I know there is more to what I can do or is it because I feel I have been confounded for months and I need to break free?  Either way, the time is here and the questions are popping out of my mind.

"I can do what she/he is doing."  "I want to do what she/he is doing."  So on and so on.  So why don't I dive in and indulge myself in what I WANT TO DO?  Fear.  Embarrassment.  Ridicule.  Negative people discouraging me with negative words.  

Instead of fearing of what others will say to me or behind me I need to embrace my being and fully embrace what I WANT.  Yes, I am yelling, really yelling at myself.

There are so many paths I want to encounter in my career, not many play into the next but they are something I wish to accomplish; corporate social responsibility  food critic (not that I am no longer a vegetarian this will become more open (sorry, no pigs are invited)), author, animal advocate, healthy living, yoga, running, reading to be a better author, food critic, CSR...  I will fully embrace myself into every aspect of these topics and succeed.

What I need now are the nay sayers in my head and in my world to stop and either be behind me or leave (how to properly rid of nay sayers in head?).    

Tone, context, content,

If I don't put risk into what I want, than I will risk more than imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment