Monday, April 15, 2013

Getting Back On

A while ago I saw a chiropractor/kinesiology doctor where I learned I had a yeast infection throughout my body, started in my ears, possibly from the ear surgery I had as a kid.  He sent me home with a bottle of Zymex and Spanish Black Radish tablets and a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with a list of foods to eat and not to eat; basically, anything with sugar or caffeine I have to avoid, like coffee and wine (can you hear my tears hitting the floor and a low moan crying "Nooooooo"?). 

The list of foods I can eat is not much of a compromise for me but limits me greatly, I still get my smoothies every day but I have been trying to put in less fruits and add more vegetables, also switching to plain, nonfat yogurt and away from the strawberry and honey flavored yogurt I was addicted too.  Obviously I quit for a long time and since then have had tremendous happenings with my body, like what my face is going through right now.  Doing more research about my condition it sounds like a bad case of candida. 

So here I am trying to get back on the list of foods to avoid which means no wine, no caffeine, no excessive cheese (I can eat my Swiss cheese) no carbs like pastas and breads, no sugars, ah, what else can't I eat? 

Here is what I can eat: veggies, limited fruits, sweet potatoes raw, rice first browned in a skillet, sprout bread, plain nonfat yogurt, and Swiss cheese!  Sure there is more but I have misplaced this sheet and am trying to go off memory. 

Last night and today I have been applying Panolog and applying Red Clay mud to my face in between hoping to reduce the swelling and redness.  My face looked better this morning than the past two mornings; I didn't know who I was looking in the mirror. 

I have noticed my symptoms have increased greatly since I have been not taking birth control pills for almost eight months now, reading about my condition has said again and again birth control pills increase the chances of candida.  Bye bye nasty shit, get outta my body! 

I do want to document my progress through out, and hopefully have that page come up on a search engine for another who is desperate to heal their bodies. 

If you have any food suggestions for me, please pass them over!  I am sure I will be hitting my head against the cupboard not knowing what to make often. 

So far today I have had one cup of tea with caffeine (oops), a cup of plain yogurt with Super Seed, a green smoothie with kale, spinach, celery, carrot, lemon, and cucumber, rye bread (oops) and tea without caffeine (yay) and water!  Getting hungry though, lunch time is approaching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment