Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Elimination Diet

The past 12 days I have been eliminating many foods and drinks from my diet to rid my body of toxins holding too much yeast, more specifically, candida.  Coffee and black tea were my hardest to eliminate, but after the fifth day it got easier and now I don't need them anymore.  Funny how caffeine truly affects the body.  In fact, I almost took my french press, coffee bean grinder and coffee maker out the storage shed to be put away for good.  All items in my arms, door open the thought popped up, "maybe you are being too irrational Byrnes."  It is like to me to do a house cleanse as I am doing a detox/elimination cleanse.  Not sure if I will go back to coffee or black tea so perhaps I ought to have taken those item into storage. 

Other items I have eliminated are chocolate, red vines, fruit, crackers, croutons, potatoes, pasta, vinegar, alcohol. anything with excess sugar.  Limiting myself on carbohydrates greatly, even though I should not eat them at all.  Eating Clinton's Jack Spratt bread and Great Grains Bakery marble rye bread.  I would like to say I have not had wine the same time as caffeine, but Friday I had Sake and loved it!  Saturday morning I woke to red, puffy eyes again. 

I hear you asking, "What do you eat?"  Veggies of course, Greek Gods plain yogurt, lean protein like chicken and fish, I do throw in a red meat here and there.  The meat we buy is raised without hormones and that is where I make my excuses for red meat. I have been making mean smoothies with kale, spinach, cucumbers, lemon, mint, coconut oil, Garden of Life's Super Seed, and a splash of water, I call this smoothie The Hulk, it is nothing but green and packed full of nutrients. 

Saturday I read about the oil pulling method and have tried, excited to try it again and again.  From my research, results will not be immediate for my symptoms but are a sure fire within 90 days.  I weened myself from caffeine, I can do this!  There are more benefits to oil pulling then balancing yeast in the body, it is said to help/eliminate gum disease, cavities, arthritis, warts, the list goes on. Of course this is what I have read and do not know for certain but I am giving it a try with coconut oil since this oil has tons of antibacterial benefits! 

A stricter diet is necessary for my results to show, but please, a handful of things at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment