Thursday, December 16, 2010

I miss you Jack


Today I cry because I miss your nose bumping my arm while studying.  I miss your “quit looking at your books and pay attention to me” bark.  I miss you carrying your food dish around the house and sometimes outside too.  I miss tripping over you in the kitchen as you lay across the cool tile floor.  I miss arguing with you each night as you got older to get up off your bed to go “hurry” outside before my bedtime.  I miss our park walks and park rides.  I miss your aggressive happiness when other dogs came around.  I miss the many lumps you seemed to carry on your large body.  I miss how you were intimidated by your little sister and always waited for her to start eating and if your food bowl was too close to hers, you would not eat – until I moved it away.  I miss your eagerness to run to the ball each time I threw or kicked it.  I miss your eagerness to always hop into the car for any length of a car ride even the last few months when it was obviously difficult for you.  I miss your huge wet tongue sliding up the side of my face.  I miss your deep brown eyes gazing into my eyes.  I miss your timid demur whenever the word “bath” escaped my lips.  I miss your sturdy body standing in between my legs and me rocking you side to side – you seemed to find comfort in this, but I think I found more.   

I miss everything about you Jack, I wish I had just one more day with you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment