Friday, December 17, 2010

Rhonda Gets A Piggy Back Ride

Minutes before 7 am EST my uncle calls me; he has my car to take to his trusty mechanic and friend, miles after leaving the house my car dies on him just as he is entering a highway.  Stunned and waking up I amaze myself that I did not panic.  Quickly get on the phone with AAA Help for a towing company to give my car a piggy back the rest of the way to the mechanics, a bit over 20 miles.

There was a few moments as I was quickly dressing myself and trying to make myself appear put together, that I did let out a couple tears of panic, but just as quickly I let those tears out, I realized it really is not a situation to panic about; my uncle was fine and safe, the car was en route to the mechanics anyway, just needed a lift for the last stretch (she was very tired), and the best is knowing that I was, and still am, in control of this situation!  And just like that my tears were gone and my head held higher, all with a clear and conscious mind.

Hell, I've been through a lot, this is nothing but a drop in the hat (where did that saying come from anyway and why did I just type it?), making me stronger and brighter.  People, its all about high heels with steel toes!  Watch out!

I get to drive my uncles Jeep around today, its quite fun! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment